FiNETIK – Asia and Latin America – Market News Network

Asia and Latin America News Network focusing on Financial Markets, Energy, Environment, Commodity and Risk, Trading and Data Management

Citi and Orient Securities Sign China Securities JV Agreement

Citigroup and Orient Securities Company Ltd signed definitive agreements June 2, subject to regulatory approval, establishing a securities joint venture to operate in the Chinese domestic market. The new JV will be called 东方花旗证券有限公司 in Chinese and “Citi Orient Securities Co. Ltd” in English.

The joint venture will engage in investment banking business in the Chinese domestic market, including equity and debt underwriting and advisory services. Orient Securities Company Ltd will have a 67 per cent stake in the new entity with the remaining 33 per cent owned by Citigroup, consistent with existing Chinese regulations.

In addition to the investment banking JV, Orient Securities and Citi will also explore further cooperation in other areas such as research and training.

“The pairing of Citi’s global capabilities and Orient’s local strengths will create a market leading securities company with the ability to serve Chinese and international companies to help them raise capital from local equity and debt markets. This new partnership underscores our strategic commitment to China’s capital markets and complements our well-established banking franchise in China,” said Stephen Bird, CEO for Citi in Asia Pacific.

“We are delighted to be forming this important partnership with Orient Securities, a strong, highly reputable local firm which shares Citi’s management philosophy on building for success.

This announcement underlines our continued investment in China to support our clients,” said Andrew Au, CEO for Citi China.

Source: Asia E-Trading, 02.06.2011

 

Filed under: China, News, , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

RSS Asia and Latin America – Market News Network

  • An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
%d bloggers like this: